Saturday 26 December 2015

THE GRACE OF GOD

In the days of the Roman occupation
The Lord looked down and saw the condition
of His people. That they were broken and scattered. 
That even those who had been charged with their care
kept them in bondage to endless laws
and heavy requirements. As He saw this
He was saddened to the depths of His heart.

Then Michael, Commander of the Host of Heaven
came to Him and asked why He was so sad.
"This was not my plan for them." The Lord replied.
"When I created them I saw a people who
would live a life of joyful praise. Serving
one another out of their love for me."

Michael looked at His Master and stepped forward,
"My Master give the word and I will lead 10 Legions
of your finest warriors and restore the land and
drive out the invaders." He said sternly fire
glistening in his eyes.

"But if I save them in such a way what will they
learn of my heart? No! Michael that is not the way."
the Lord replied.

Then Michael continued, "My Lord, then let us, once again,
 raise up a mighty warrior who will lead the people
 in victorious battle.  They can then restore your Kingdom
and establish your laws once more."

The Lord turned to face His captain deeply touched
by his Love and determination.
"Thank you Michael.  I know I simply have to ask and
you will expend your last breath to see it done.
However if I do that my people will once again look
to man for their salvation.  They will be slaves once more
and instead of foreign rulers they will have their own.
No. Now is the time when they must seek Me for who I am.
They must return to me because they want to,
 not because it is required of them.

"How will you do this?" Michael asked.

"Through Grace!" The Lord replied. "For thousands of
years they have tried to fulfil the law, but it is not within
them to do.  So I will show them my grace and love
and redeem them myself."

Michael locked puzzled. "But how will you do this my Lord. 
You have set the price for the forgiveness of sins.
The people know what is required.  How will you show
 them grace and not destroy the law?"

Now Jesus had been listening to the whole
conversation and now stepped forward.
"I will go to them and show them who you are
my Lord." Jesus said. "I will speak to them and
show them your power."

Michael got very excited. "That is a great idea Lord.
How can they doubt when they see you in your glory. 
They will surely turn from their ways and worship you."

"No Michael." Jesus continued. " I will not go as you
see me now. For then as soon as I am gone I will
become legend and those who did not see me
will not change."

"Then how my Lord?" Michael asked.

"I will be born as one of them.
I will lay aside this form and become as they are.
I will live among them and show them what the
Kingdom of God is supposed to be." Jesus replied.

Then the Father asked, "But how will that show
the grace I wish to give them?"

Then Jesus looked at his Father and replied.
"Because I will pay the price for their sin
according to the Law.  I will let them kill me
and become the spotless lamb that is required."

Michael could not speak, his mind raced at the
thought of Jesus dying at the hands of the Lords creation.
"My Master," he cried out "That can not be. 
What possible good could come from your death?"

Jesus looked and Him with great love and understanding.
"Michael grace is a free gift given to those who do not deserve it.
What better way to show the love and grace of the
Father than to give up everything and pay the price they
are not able to pay themselves. 
That is the essence of grace."


No comments:

Post a Comment