Friday 23 August 2013

Restoring the Discarded

In the past several months The Lord has strongly placed the Chapter Ezekiel 37 on my heart. Specifically those who have been left aside and discarded in The Lord. To this end I am working on a full day seminar to minister into this need.  It is truly a sad fact that as a body we have discarded people for no other reason than they did not fit our particular Christian paradigm.  These beloved people of God have been marginalised and rejected as "Prodigals".  As if what has happened was because of a decision they made.

I would hope that we as a body of believers would not be so naïve as to think that everyone must follow Christ the way we do.  Perhaps this stems from the belief that we must stand firm in what e believe and reject that which does not conform to that pattern of belief.



I HAVE A DREAM

by

David Mclachlan

 

I have a dream.

In my dream I see a church with no walls.

A service free of offerings and guilt at our lack.

People who freely use their gifts.

Who worship until their hearts burst and break.

Where the Spirit of the Lord moves when and where He wills.

Each one seeking His face for themselves.

 

I have a Dream.

That the children of God stand before Him in unity.

Where dogma, and doctrine give way to grace and mercy.

United in the knowledge that His heart yearns for them to come to Him.

Free of every weight of territorialism and pride.

Joyously exalting His name for as long it takes to enter His presence.

Staying until the Lord has communed with them.

 

I have a dream.

Where all of His children live in dignity.

Each looking to the needs of others rather than their own.

Where humility and respect embrace each chance meeting.

Completing each person He brings across our path.

Honouring the Jesus in each other.

Loving each chance to bless those in need.

 

I have a dream.

I know this could only be a dream.

No where have I seen this.

Not in the church, and not in the body.

Some understand and serve in humility of grace, but only some.

But this is the way Jesus ministered.

It was his dream, then mine, now I hope it is yours.

 

Dare to dream!!

 

Amen



I pray the Lord richest blessings on you all.  May His awesome Grace and Mercy restore you to the place He created for you regardless of your history or circumstance.

Shalom

No comments:

Post a Comment